Select to view content in your preferred language

Schema Changes not allowed for service.

09-20-2017 03:25 PM
deleted-user-yMSQSHvui0e5
New Contributor III

I'm trying to add a field to an AGOL hosted feature service and am getting the above error. I can't find any setting that changes anything and it's quite problematic. I'm in the item details page, under the "data" tab.

I'm the data owner, and editing is currently set to disabled. There are two views configured from the original Feature Service, with editing disabled on both. I've tried with it enabled without any luck as well. I've also tried adding a field by opening the FeatureService in ArcGIS Pro without any luck.

Anyone have a similar issue? Any help much appreciated.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
deleted-user-yMSQSHvui0e5
New Contributor III

I believe the issue was related to having published the feature service before an AGOL update that allowed schema changes, but I’m not entirely sure. I’ll have to go back and check. Will update when I can confirm.

TimothyMichael
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Ray.  I did some additional checking and found that the feature layer view wasn't used in any web maps, so I deleted that item and was able to add the new field(s) to the source feature layer.  

--Tim

0 Kudos
KirstenLukeACJV
New Contributor II

I've been struggling with this all weekend and just found a clue on another community string suggesting that if you have joins / layers views you cannot change the schema - me? I was trying to add fields to a survey123 connect survey by adding fields to the survey results feature layer.  I kept getting error - "unable to add feature service layer definition code 400" in survey123 connect and add field was not an option in AGOL and I got another error when trying to add field from arcpro.

Once I deleted all the Join feature views associated with the survey data I could then add the fields.  yay

mikAMD
by
Occasional Contributor III

Good job, this worked for me. I deleted a hosted view layer that I had created with map viewer classic.