Select to view content in your preferred language

Saving arcade expressions

10-13-2018 11:26 AM
HlynurIngólfsson
New Contributor III

Hello.

Is it possible to save arcade expressions on AGOL so they can be picked (as default) and used again for various datasets, instead of needing to make them and saving them again for each and every dataset?

4 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Currently not, but it would be a very good for ArcGIS Ideas . It would be great to have that functionality. 

Within the same web map you can select an existing expression to reuse for another expression, but not store them as expressions accessible at all time. 

I copy mine to NotePad++ and save them as JavaScript (.js) files to gallery folder with a logical name for easy access.

0 Kudos
Pauline_Low_Pui_Ling
New Contributor II

Hi Xander,

Seems like this was a request from 2018 and 2019. I am looking for the function to save the arcade expressions as well. Is it available now(2020) in the ArcGIS Enterprise version?

Thanks,

Pauline

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Pauline Low Pui Ling ,

Unfortunately, I haven't seen this functionality in the webmap of ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online. In ArcGIS Pro you can export the expression when defining for instance an expression in the pop-up creating a label expression file which contains the Arcade expression or a calculate field expression file when calculating a field. This functionality is not available in the web map. As I mentioned before, I copy some of the expressions in a text editor and save the files. Perhaps not ideal, but it doesn't take much time to do this.

0 Kudos
Pauline_Low_Pui_Ling
New Contributor II

Hi Xander Bakker,

Alright thanks for the update. Yes, I am currently saving the arcade expressions on a text file too. Hope that there is way to save these arcade expressions to be recognised in the web map in the future.

Regards,

Pauline

0 Kudos