Save Filters in new Map Viewer

06-17-2021 02:08 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Filters in the new map builder won't save. You can add them, but clicking "save" on antoher layer removes them.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

can you share the map you are seeing this on and a little more detail repro steps? Thanks!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't share the map, but the details aren't much more complicated that described unfortunately.

I have also tried on different maps.

I have a layer in a web map, I've added a filter but clicking "save" seemingly does nothing.

It's ok on one layer, i.e. the filter works and saves if I reload the map. However, on other layers I can set the filter, press save, then click on another layer only for the filter to disappear.

There is a UI/UX issue I think, the saced filter looks no different to a open editing filter. Screenshot below

BenSmith93_0-1623942591215.png

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

What type of layer are you applying the filter too?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just a standard Feature Service (hosted).

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

thanks, I am trying to repro it and all my filters are saving as expected when adding new ones, saving the map and reloading

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The majority of mine have now saved, perhaps there was an AGOL flutter earlier. My layers were taking forever to load.

That being said, perhas the issue is more a UI one? It is hard to tell if a filter has in fact, saved.

0 Kudos