review and comment

Jump to solution
02-03-2017 01:15 PM
MattLancaster
New Contributor II

I have created a Story Map for a project for my organization. I'd like my supervisor to review and comment before I share with the public or post to my organization's page.

Does ArcGIS Online enable me to share it with only one person/address? Is there a tool for review and comment built into ArcGIS Online?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Matthew,

If you have an subscription of ArcGIS Online, you can create a private group and share your story map and content with the group. You can invite your supervisor (requires and ArcGIS Online organizational username) to the group so that they also have access to your content.

Share items—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

There isn't a review tool built in, but there is a place for comments on the item details page which may help with collaboration.

Story Maps

-Kelly

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KellyGerrow

Hi Matthew,

If you have an subscription of ArcGIS Online, you can create a private group and share your story map and content with the group. You can invite your supervisor (requires and ArcGIS Online organizational username) to the group so that they also have access to your content.

Share items—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

There isn't a review tool built in, but there is a place for comments on the item details page which may help with collaboration.

Story Maps

-Kelly

MattLancaster
New Contributor II

Thanks, Kelly. I created a private group as you suggested and shared it that way. 

Using the comments section as a way to provide feedback, unfortunately, doesn't really provide a good interface for review and comment. It would be great if a future version enabled functionality to provide comments within the body of the story map.

Matt

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Thanks Matt,

This is really great feedback. There is a similar idea posted on https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas?sr=search&searchId=3dd72146-5f5a-48e8-a687-f182064...‌, https://community.esri.com/ideas/13086‌. Consider up voting this idea and adding your comments to the idea.