Reverse legend

01-27-2016 02:25 AM
EvaLopez_Martinez
New Contributor

Hi all. Is there a way to invert the order of the legend (data + symbology)? I am only interested in publishing one layer of the service in ArcGIS Online. The problem is the legend always gets displayed descending. I could invert the simbology manually, but not the data. Is there a way to do it or ESRI has still to implement that option? Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Eva,

If you are asking about sorting the attributes in Symbology, you could select all the values > Right-click > Reverse Sorting.

Think Location
0 Kudos
EvaLopez_Martinez
New Contributor

Thanks for your answer Jayanta, I mean sorting the legend in ArcGIS Online, no Desktop.

I have several layers in one service, but I only want to publish one layer. The legend is always descending by default.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KyleBalke__GISP
Occasional Contributor III

Eva,

You can re-order the features in a layer in an ArcGIS Online map via the Change Style dialog...these changes should be reflected in the legend.

0 Kudos
EvaLopez_Martinez
New Contributor

Hi Kyle. I have tried the Change Style dialog. But I don't finde the way to re-order it. I have graduated symbols and I am able to change manually these symbols. But cannot reverse the data. I don't know.

0 Kudos
KyleBalke__GISP
Occasional Contributor III

Unfortunately I do not believe this is possible when using graduated symbols.

0 Kudos
EvaLopez_Martinez
New Contributor

Ok. Thank you for your responses

0 Kudos
KateřinaObrazová
New Contributor

Hi, in ArcGIS Pro I reverse symbol order, and then share it to ArcGIS Online.

KateinaObrazov_0-1651313196766.png

Open in Map Viewer, click on Change style Dialog, click on Symbols (colours) and then here is a ''reverse symbol''.

KateinaObrazov_1-1651313223730.png

Here is the official link with answer: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/reference/styling-reference.htm 

0 Kudos