Restricting Viewer permissions within the Organization

03-04-2020 11:50 AM
TylerSchlachter
New Contributor II

There are a few questions that beat around this issue in the forum, but I'd like to lay out the specific issue here to see if anyone can recognize a solution.

I am an Administrator of my organization. I understand the various ArcGIS Online roles. I share most maps that I make at my organization with the organization.

I have a single user (a Viewer) within my organization that I would like to restrict content access to. Essentially, I want them only to be able to view maps that I give them explicit permissions to view. This restriction would override the Organization level sharing.

The purpose of this would be to have an account that could have content dictated, so the user does not get lost in the dozens and dozens of maps that may be in the 'Content' tab. At the same time, I have many users that will need access to items that are shared with the 'Organization'.

Is this possible?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShaneMiles
Esri Contributor

Hi Tyler Schlachter‌, 

The only thing I can think of is setting up appropriate group content and sharing items with this group. I understand what you are trying to do however sharing content with your organisation but not wanting all of your organisation to access it seems a little counter intuitive. If it were me I would reassess where your content is stored and shared to that you do not what this "viewer" to see and adjust it accordingly. 

Shane