Restrict users from getting layer table

05-13-2020 10:20 PM
divisionodt
New Contributor II

I'm making a public app but i want to block users from accessing to the layer table(attribute table) is there anything i can do?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
mdonnelly
Esri Contributor

You can use a proxy which controls which referers can access the given feature service.

As such, you can restrict the feature service to only be accessed by your web application (ie, it's referer url).

In the application you configure it so that the attribute table is not exposed.

Regards,
Mark
0 Kudos
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi division odt‌,

Depends. 🙂

Do you want to block access to all attribute data altogether, i.e. not only the attribute table but also the popup, or are you really only talking about the tabular view of the data, i.e. the attribute table only?

In the first case you might create a view of your data with all the attribute data removed.

In the second case you can - as Mark Donnelly‌ indicates - configure the app to not show the attribute table.

Using the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS, on the Widget tab, you can turn off the visibility of the Attribute Table (see screen capture attached). In this case users will be able to access the attribute data by clicking an object to open the popup, but the will not be able to open the attribute table itself.

Please let us know whether you have found a solution to your issue.

BR,

Egge-Jan

0 Kudos
divisionodt
New Contributor II

I created a view as u suggested but even with that in the map viewer the table attribute option was still there

0 Kudos
mdonnelly
Esri Contributor

Do your users have to use the map viewer or could you given them an app instead (eg, made with Web App Builder or one of the templates)?

I find that the map viewer is mostly for authoring maps and doing analysis rather than for sharing with many users.

Is there any particular bit of functionality on the map viewer that you need your users to have which can't be found in a Web App Builder application?

Regards,
Mark
0 Kudos
divisionodt
New Contributor II

No they don't need it, they should be able to get just to the Web App, but as i create a map within the App, a map is also created and can be reached by public and so they can get to the layer table or is there a way to restrict that? I don't want from users to use the map viewer at all.
Thanks for your responding

0 Kudos
divisionodt
New Contributor II

is there anything i can do for that?

0 Kudos
mdonnelly
Esri Contributor

Take a look at the following link:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/reference/arcgis-server-services.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_FEB0DF92D...

It allows you to choose which referrer can access your service endpoint. Your web map just references your service. If the service is secure and restricted then any requests that are not from the designated referrer will not succeed.

Regards,
Mark
0 Kudos