Select to view content in your preferred language

REST URL for Document Link

Jump to solution
01-21-2016 10:46 AM
ChrisHolmes
Frequent Contributor

Good day all,

From My Content I selected Add Item > From the Web (chose Document) and entered the url to my document which is a csv file. This worked fine and AGOL created a Document Link to my csv file. Selecting View Item Details gives only one option under the Open tab (that being Open). It gives the choice of Open/Save/Save As. I could have swore I clicked open and it opened the csv file in Excel but then in IE it opened a new tab which displayed the REST URL for the document link.

I cannot find nor get back to that REST URL now. So I'm thinking that maybe it was for something else and that maybe document links do not have REST URL's?? Someone tell me if I'm out to lunch here, it is close to lunch time and I haven't eaten today, so very possible.

Thanks!

Chris

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
KyleBalke__GISP
Frequent Contributor

Would you be willing to provide the URL to the file?

0 Kudos
ChrisHolmes
Frequent Contributor

Yes but at the moment I am testing using a friends web server, not our corporate. So I will send you the url through geonet. I think I have to connect/friend you first?

Tks

0 Kudos
ChrisHolmes
Frequent Contributor

Hi Kyle, couldn't figure out the connection thing. Would you mind sending me an email at Chris.holmes@calgary.ca<mailto:Chris.holmes@calgary.ca> when you get a chance and I'll send you the link?

Chris

0 Kudos