Can I do batch geocoding in ArcGIS Online?

Jump to solution
01-22-2016 10:17 AM
VaneiriKeme
New Contributor III

Hi,

Does ArcGIS online has the ability to batch geocode? Or do I have to do this through ArcGIS Desktop.

Can anyone share a link/document that can quickly update my lack of knowledge in this field. Please

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, you can drag a CSV file onto a web map and geocode up to 1000 records, then optionally persist them as a feature service.  Another workflow is to upload a CSV file to your content and publish it - this will handle more records.  A third way is using the geocodeAddresses endpoint of the REST API, if you want to develop an app.

ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

View solution in original post

4 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Geocode—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

Geocoding—Convert an address to an x,y coordinate and append the result to an existing record in a database. Mapping is not always involved, but placing the results on a map may be part of a workflow. Batch geocoding falls into this category. An organizational account with the geocoding privilege is required to access World Geocoding for batch geocoding.
VaneiriKeme
New Contributor III

Thanks.

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, you can drag a CSV file onto a web map and geocode up to 1000 records, then optionally persist them as a feature service.  Another workflow is to upload a CSV file to your content and publish it - this will handle more records.  A third way is using the geocodeAddresses endpoint of the REST API, if you want to develop an app.

ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

VaneiriKeme
New Contributor III

Thanks! I only wanted to show the capabilities that you can take a bunch of address and with a simple drag it would geocode for me.

0 Kudos