Reporting errors on Esri basemaps

Jump to solution
01-21-2019 09:24 AM
MichaelSchoelen
Occasional Contributor III

I am working on a map for a client, and they would like to use the Topographic basemap for their web app. Unfortunately, we discovered a major error with the street layer, so our ground-truth data does not align with it. OpenStreetMap is correct, however.

We reported the error in the Esri basemap group a few months ago, but the status has stayed as "Planned for Future Update" since 11/30/18.

Can Esri please inform on when they release basemap changes, so I can provide a timeline to my client? Otherwise, we can work with a different basemap.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TanyaHaddad
New Contributor III

hi Michael,

It looks like this area is correct in the "National Map" base map option - which is also very much like the cartography of the topo base map you were looking at. Would that be a good substitute until your issue is fixed in the ESRI-authored maps?

I had reported an error in my area a couple years ago, and I I think it took a few months to fix (can't remember exactly. But my issue was just a very poorly placed label, while fixing your report actually requires new line work. Depending on where ESRI gets that particular line data, it might take a while because it needs to be fixed in an upstream source.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TanyaHaddad
New Contributor III

hi Michael,

It looks like this area is correct in the "National Map" base map option - which is also very much like the cartography of the topo base map you were looking at. Would that be a good substitute until your issue is fixed in the ESRI-authored maps?

I had reported an error in my area a couple years ago, and I I think it took a few months to fix (can't remember exactly. But my issue was just a very poorly placed label, while fixing your report actually requires new line work. Depending on where ESRI gets that particular line data, it might take a while because it needs to be fixed in an upstream source.