Rendering Draco Compressed GLTF models

11-02-2023 10:57 AM
LironToledo
New Contributor

Hey there, I've been working with the JavaScript SDK for a little while now. Recently, I've been attempting to render some GLTF models inside the SceneView. Managed to do so eventually until I ran into my most recent problem. 

Some of the models I wanted to render were on the larger size, so I used draco compression to reduce their size. I'm now noticing that any of the models that have been draco compressed won't render in the scene. I get the following warning in my console log.

[esri.views.3d.layers.graphics.Graphics3DSymbolLayer] gltf loader was not able to load unsupported feature. Required extensions: KHR_draco_mesh_compression

wondering if anyone else has come across this problem before? Any advice for how I can get around it? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndreasUlmer
Esri Contributor

Draco compression is currently not supported for 3D Symbol resources. This is in our backlog but not yet planned for a release.
Basis Universal compressed textures are supported though. If the models contain large textures, maybe this could be worthwhile to reduce size?

0 Kudos