Rendering Cluster symbology using something other than 'Predominant Type'

Jump to solution
08-19-2022 12:20 PM
Labels (2)
AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

In the current (new) Map Viewer, the default rendering for Cluster symbology is based on the predominant value type found in the cluster. I'm wondering if it's possible to use something other than predominant type via an Arcade expression, however I can't find where I would do this within the Cluster symbology menu.

A use-case example would be if you had a feature layer of overlapping inspection points that have a status of Complete (green), Due (yellow), and Overdue (red) -- and you want any cluster that contains even one Overdue point to symbolize as red, even if it is the minority.

Currently, is there any way to modify this default behavior? If not, is this on the feature roadmap? If it is already possible, how would one go about doing this?

Thanks!

-Aaron
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This is on our roadmap. The plan is to allow you to either use the default autogenerated cluster symbol or  override the cluster with a different symbol & color. We are also hoping to get in pie charts for clusters as well.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This is on our roadmap. The plan is to allow you to either use the default autogenerated cluster symbol or  override the cluster with a different symbol & color. We are also hoping to get in pie charts for clusters as well.

AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

Great to hear, thank you for the quick response Russel

-Aaron