Building Tiles at Smaller Scales with Reduced Tile Counts

08-19-2022 02:12 PM
Labels (3)
ElijahDoubleday
New Contributor

I am developing a Web Application that takes the user through an interactive map (zooming and panning) of a project. I have finished the first version by using a web tile layer exported from ArcGIS Pro and building tiles down to 1:282 scale for a total of ~1,500,000 tiles.

I have since updated the tile layer in ArcGIS Pro and exported as a new web tile layer but I am unable to scale the tiles down to 1:282 and simultaneously retain the low tile count (it now wants to build 92,000,000,000 tiles for the 1:282 scale)

I have tried many times to replicate the conditions of the first tile layer, I have downloaded visualization web maps, web tile layers with manual and automatic caching, I've tried reducing the map extent prior to building tiles, and other possible solutions. So far no luck. This is very frustrating because I know from the original tile layer that it can be done.

In the attachments, both web tile layers are from the same ArcGIS Pro Map, both with the same extent enabled on the web layer

0 Kudos
0 Replies