Remove symbol class name from Map Viewer legend

12-09-2021 03:10 PM
pkorst_coa
New Contributor III

ArcGIS Pro 2.9 & AGOL Web Map

--

Hello,

I'd like to hide the symbol class name in the Map Viewer legend. For example, a polygon feature is uniquely symbolized by an attribute called "ZTYPE". I don't want to reveal the name "ZTYPE" anywhere.

If I blank-out the name (1) in ArcGIS Pro, the legend in ArcGIS Pro responds accordingly and removes the name. However, when I then publish that layer to Web Map, the name ZTYPE reappears (2). I have been unable to find a way in Web Map to remove it.

Q: How can I prevent the Map Viewer from displaying the symbol class name in the legend?

1) ArcGIS Pro 2.9 - Removed symbol class name correctly disappears from Legend:

ztypeshot2.jpg

2) Web Map Viewer - Removed Name incorrectly reappears in Legend and cannot be hidden:

ztypeshot.jpg

Thanks for any help.

--

ArcGIS Pro 2.9 & AGOL Web Map

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

Have you tried editing the fields for that layer?  I am not sure if you can remove the field name completely, but maybe rename it to something else?  

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
pkorst_coa
New Contributor III

No. Renaming SDE database fields to overcome a limitation of AGOL is not feasible because GIS data is served to others in multiple departments, each with all of their own projects. 

I am seeking a way to prevent the Map Viewer from displaying the symbol class name in the legend.

Thank you.

0 Kudos