Remove Duplicate Labels on WebMap (& More)

01-08-2019 12:09 PM
KamillePreto
Occasional Contributor II

I really need some assistance with some issues I'm having with AGOL. I'll list them out to make it easier.

I have created a map in ArcGIS Pro & uploaded it to AGOL.

1. When I do this, it removes my "remove duplicate labels" setting on the roads and there are labels everywhere. Is there still not a way to get rid of this issue without using basemap labels? I am using layers where you cannot see the basemap too great and need the roads on top.

2. When I do this, my highway shields disappear for my labels and there are just route numbers everywhere with no shields/symbols. Is there a way to fix this?

3. I have two Neighborhoods layers - same outlines, but 1 has the Neighborhood name labeled and the 2nd one has the tract number labeled. However, when they are both on, it only allows one label and not both. Is there a way to fix this?

Really hoping somebody can give me some direction, I'm at a loss. Thank you in advance.

Screenshot of how many repetitive labels are on the map & missing shields.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
TonyPistilli__GISP
New Contributor II

Well done! This worked amazingly. Thank you for sharing that.

0 Kudos
KamillePreto
Occasional Contributor II

Adam,

I really appreciate you looking into all of this, it has been very helpful for somebody who hasn't done these type of things on AGOL before.

I just tested out the trick you mentioned by adding the layer as a reference layer and it works beautifully!

I will attach a screenshot of the map when it is complete, or the link to it.

Thanks again,

-Kami