Refreshing AGOL feature service after our internal ArcGIS Server feature service changes

Jump to solution
08-15-2014 02:46 PM
MichaelMiller2
Occasional Contributor III

I have a service that is published on our ArcGIS Server.

I've added this service as a feature service to our organizational AGOL account and used in a map assembled for Collector.

I've since had to updated the map doc from which the service was created from with an additional layer.

Overwritten the service and it appears as I would expect at the rest end point

Why is it that the feature service in AGOL, that was generated from this service (still the same name) is not updating/refreshing??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelMiller2

After working with ESRI Support, it turns out that the service was wacky or something. Once I recreated the service, modifications to the service were reflected in good old AGOL.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelMiller2

So, no one has ever encountered this? ESRI folks have no response?

Not sure how useful this "new forum" actually is.........

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael,

I could not reproduce this.  If this is still an issue, I would recommend contacting Tech Support.

0 Kudos
ShawnFrye
New Contributor

We had this happen a lot a while back but haven't tried it recently. Our work around was to delete it in AGOL, then publish it again with the exact same name. At least then it would still be referenced correctly in any web maps it was in. unfortunately that adds another step in the process that shouldn't be needed....

Otherwise, you could upload that shapefile directly to AGOL, then publish to a service from there. Then you can write over that shapefile if there are any changes. the published services theoretically is supposed to reflect the most recent shapefile.  But there are other drawbacks with that process, like having to set up all symbology within AGOL then....

0 Kudos
MichaelMiller2

After working with ESRI Support, it turns out that the service was wacky or something. Once I recreated the service, modifications to the service were reflected in good old AGOL.

0 Kudos