Reclassify layer when Filter applied

08-03-2021 08:37 PM
sullivani
New Contributor III

Hi All, I am wondering if there is a way to reclassify a layer once a filter is applied using the Filter Widget.

Currently when a filter is applied using the Filter Widget, the layer is rendered as per the default symbology. I would like the layer to be reclassified and rendered based on the column values from the resulting features from the filter.

I did a bit of a search but couldn't find anything related to my requirement.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Have you thought about using the Query Widget instead. It behaves very similarly to the Filter Widget, but has additional options including changing symbology.

0 Kudos
sullivani
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply @RPGIS Unfortunately, the query widget doesn't allow reclassification of the data based on the selected features, it only allows you to alter the symbology with a simple symbol. Also, unlike the Filter Widget, the Query Widget only highlights the selected features, it does not remove those features that do not match the query.

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

So I don't think that there is a widget for workflow that you are looking for aside from using either a combination of widgets or publishing the data with the reclassifications and then using the Filter widget.

You could try submitting your idea of the ideal widget for your workflow to the ideas page and see if it is something that Esri would be willing to implement.

0 Kudos