Raster Function Templates in new Map Viewer

Jump to solution
09-01-2021 12:43 PM
Heidi_Kristenson
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to access raster function templates published with image services in the new Map Viewer? 

In Map Viewer Classic, I can click on the options for an item, select Image Display, and choose to apply a different renderer from the list of raster function templates published with the service. 

I have not found a way to access these templates in the new Map Viewer interface. Is this functionality not supported, or am I just not looking in the right place? The closest option I can find is the option to adjust the stretch for the current view, as shown below: 

MapViewerNew.PNG

In Classic, I have the option to apply any of the renderers based on the raster function templates published with the service, as shown below: 

MapViewerClassic.PNG

For this particular service, access to these RFTs is a large part of the value of offering the service, and I will not be able to make use of the new Map Viewer until it's possible to access them.

If this functionality truly is not available in the current version of Map Viewer, is it on the roadmap for development? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This is planned for the New Map Viewer and will have a similar experience to the classic viewer. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This is planned for the New Map Viewer and will have a similar experience to the classic viewer. 

KateCarlson
Occasional Contributor

Hi Russell-  Glad to hear raster rendering is on the Map Viewer road map. I hate to ask when, and perhaps you cannot answer. I am caught between 2 Viewers! 1 allows for renderering and the other allows for masking.

Kate

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Supported in new Map Viewer is styling, processing templates and image display order along with blend modes and layer effects.

RussellRoberts1_0-1644523225231.png

0 Kudos
KateCarlson
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, I see the processing templates, but the bands that I can choose from in Map Viewer Classic do not show in the new Map Viewer. Working with this USFS layer. What am I missing?

Thanks-
Kate

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

First you select the processing template where you have the user defined bands

RussellRoberts1_1-1644941357134.png

Then under the style pane you control the bands used

RussellRoberts1_0-1644941289021.png

JeffMay2
New Contributor II

I see this new feature in the ArcGIS Online Map Viewer. When might we expect this capability in Portal for ArcGIS (Enterprise)?

0 Kudos
Heidi_Kristenson
Occasional Contributor

I see that the newest release of Map Viewer now supports Raster Function Templates. I'm really excited about that! 

Is there a way to access this functionality in the WebApp Builder, or is that still under development? 

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I don't believe this is coming to WAB

0 Kudos