Select to view content in your preferred language

Query in ArcGIS online

Jump to solution
06-20-2012 11:09 AM
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor
So it looks like there is no way to query content that I have uploaded in the form of a shapefile and then published as a map in ArcGIS online, e.g. find point 15.92 based on the values in the attribute table for the shapefile. Is this right? It looks like I could do a query in ArcGIS Explorer online. When open the map in ArcGIS Explorer online and I go into the Queries dialog it get, "There are no layers present in the map to define a query upon." Then when I go into the the Layer details dialog there is no filter option as explained in:

http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisexplorer/help/#/Filter_features/015600000059000000/

The end goal would be to have the map user be able to search the map based on a few index codes located in the attribute table of the shapefile. I have a few shapefiles in the map, all have an index field but not all of the field are tilted in the same way; however they are all strings.

Do I have to compose the map in ArcGIS Explorer online to have my content searchable? I missing something obvious?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Queries have limited support in Explorer Online. I believe they only can be configured against layers pointing to services. You can't query at all in ArcGIS.com map viewer.

Thanks,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Queries have limited support in Explorer Online. I believe they only can be configured against layers pointing to services. You can't query at all in ArcGIS.com map viewer.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor
I see, thanks for the feed back. So one would have to first publish the content with ArcGIS server and then make a online map in ArcGIS Explorer online. I guess at that point one may as well make a web app with the server instead. . .
0 Kudos