Publish Web Map with pre-cooked credentials

07-04-2013 10:40 PM
JoseSousa
Esri Contributor
Hi,

I have a set of secured AGS for Server services that I will be creating programatically.
I would like to know if it is possible to pre-cook these credentials to each service I am including in the web map json string so that when an authorised user from AGOL accesses the web map he is not prompted for the AGS for Server credentials.

I am executing all this process programatically.

Cheers,
Jose
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
I don't know how to do this programmatically, but in ArcGIS.com, when you add an item that references a secured ArcGIS Server, it is possible to embed the credentials of the service with the item. So it is possible on the item. I don't believe the credentials get stored in the web map, however.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
JoseSousa
Esri Contributor
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response.
If they are not stored in the web map is there any AGOL rest service that I can use to persist that information in AGOL? Basically I want to do the same thing that is possible to be done using AGOL OOTB functions but programmatically.

My AGOL for Organizations and AGS for Server can't share the same identity store and I only want users to be asked for authentication once (with AGOL).

Cheers,
Jose Sousa
ESRI NZ
0 Kudos