Select to view content in your preferred language

Public Notification Widget

06-20-2023 11:08 AM
Ferreira
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to AGOL and its capabilities, so I'd like to know if this is possible or not. I'm currently trying to take advantage of the Instant Apps, in order to set up an "all-in-one" webapp for my local government. I mainly need the public notification widget and the basemap gallery in the app.

I was able to deploy both within the same application by using the WebApp Builder. However, I'd like to achieve the same thing by using either an Instant App, or the Experience Builder option, as the templates look a bit more visually fresh. 

My question is: Is the Public Notification widget available in any of these?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Ferreira,

The Public Notification Instant App template is available now in ArcGIS Online. This app also supports adding the basemap toggle widget:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/instant-apps/latest/create-apps/public-notification.htm

0 Kudos
Ferreira
New Contributor II

Thanks for the quick reply @ChrisFox. I've tried using the Basemap Toggle widget before, but I'd only be able to have two default basemaps, correct? I was hoping I could use the Basemap Gallery in order to let the user switch between the multiple basemaps my organization has.

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, that is correct the Basemap Toggle just allows you to switch between 2 basemaps. We don't have the Basemap gallery widget in the Public Notification Instant App. We don't have an alternative to Web AppBuilder that has both the Public Notification capability and Basemap Gallery.

I would recommend that you use the Public Notification Instant App as Web AppBuilder will be retired at the end of 2025:

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/web-appbuilder/announcements/arcgis-web-appbuilder-roadmap...

I am curious about your "all-in-one" webapp. One thing you could consider is using ExB to create a tabbed or multipage app and embed the Public Notification Instant App and then have another page that has a map with the basemap gallery. Users can switch between the different tabs/pages depending on what they need to do in the app.

Ferreira
New Contributor II

The webapp we currently have covers a bit of all needs for my planning department. I have clerks sending public notices from time to time, as well as inspectors and engineers that, sometimes, toggle through historical imagery from our organization's shared basemap gallery.

I really just wanted to revamp it and slowly step away from the Web AppBuilder, as it'll be retired like you mentioned. Though I think I'll give a shot to your multi-page suggestion. That's a good idea.

Thank you, Chris. I appreciate all of your help!

0 Kudos