Select to view content in your preferred language

Public Maps Gallery template 1.3.1--Opening Post

09-28-2011 10:55 AM
Esriwebmap
Occasional Contributor

Please reply to this opening post to submit questions and comments about the Public Maps Gallery template version 1.3.1.

Note: The comments on the template through Sep 28, 2011 have been copied to this thread so that you can view all the questions and answers in one location.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
160 Replies
JamesCucinelli
Deactivated User
I downloaded that 1.4 version.

I see the carousel view is gone.

Is that going away forever or just not focusing on it during this part of the development?

I like the new search feature for "filtering" your map results from your public group.

Thank you in advance,
James Cucinelli
0 Kudos
Esriwebmap
Occasional Contributor
I downloaded that 1.4 version.

I see the carousel view is gone.

Is that going away forever or just not focusing on it during this part of the development?

I like the new search feature for "filtering" your map results from your public group.

Thank you in advance,
James Cucinelli

Yeah, I wanted to focus on one design and not confuse users with different templates that they would need to strip out. It may end up being a separate template. We're working on a embed embedded version of this template as well.
0 Kudos
JamesCucinelli
Deactivated User
Ok. thanks.
0 Kudos
xandermavrides
Emerging Contributor
The City of Cleveland has just published their v1.0 of the 1.3.1 Public Maps Gallery Template.
http://www.ClevelandGIS.org/gallery

Thank you to Esri_webmap for your help.
0 Kudos
JamesCucinelli
Deactivated User
I'm having trouble with the template 1.3.1.

My web site was working the other day and now I just get a loading maps message.

No maps ever load.

Also, my version 1.4 isn't working now either.

Has something changed?

My site is private now so I can't just share the link.

Any help would be appreciated.
James Cucinelli
0 Kudos
IanWint
Deactivated User
Thanks very much for providing these templates.  It was an excellent idea.

I am modifying the version 1.4 template.  I have a question and an issue:

1.  I prefer the pagination buttons from 1.3.1 over the ones in 1.4.  How do I use 1.3.1 pagination buttons in 1.4?

2. The facebook and google plus buttons do not display on my page.  Only the twitter button and callout show up.  How do I get the others to display (this was the case even before modifying the code and is the case from different computers and different networks).  Here is a copy of the code:

<div class="socialButtons">
    <div class="item first"><a href="http://twitter.com/share" class="twitter-share-button" data-count="horizontal">Tweet</a><script type="text/javascript" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js"></script></div>
    <div class="item">
      <div id="fb-root"></div>
      <script>(function(d, s, id) {
  var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
  if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;}
  js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
  js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#appId=154863967938949&xfbml=1";
  fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
        <div class="fb-like" data-send="false" data-layout="button_count" data-width="100" data-show-faces="false" data-font="arial"></div>
    </div>
    <div class="item"> 
     <!-- Place this tag where you want the +1 button to render -->
     <div class="g-plusone" data-size="medium" data-annotation="none"></div>
     <!-- Place this render call where appropriate --> 
     <script type="text/javascript">
       (function() {
      var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;
      po.src = 'https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js';
      var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);
       })();
     </script> 
    </div>
    <div class="clear"></div>
   </div>
   <div class="clear"></div>
0 Kudos
JamesCucinelli
Deactivated User
I took out two new maps that I added and gallery seemed to work fine. I'll check into the maps.

Another question, anyone had success with changing the number per page and per row in local.js?

I changed it too 8 per page and 4 or 2 per row and it looks terrible.

Working with Firefox.

Thanks,
James Cucinelli
0 Kudos
IanWint
Deactivated User
I took out two new maps that I added and gallery seemed to work fine. I'll check into the maps.

Another question, anyone had success with changing the number per page and per row in local.js?

I changed it too 8 per page and 4 or 2 per row and it looks terrible.

Working with Firefox.

Thanks,
James Cucinelli

Although I am now using the 1.4 template I was able to change the number per page in the 1.3.1 version in local.js.  I changed it to 6 per page and 3 per row.  I'm doing the same in version 1.4 except the change is done in settings.optional.js when using 1.4.  But yes, this works in 1.3.1.  If you intend on changing both values you may have to adjust your grid size in order to not lose formatting on the page.
0 Kudos
JamesCucinelli
Deactivated User
Ok. I will try changing the grid size. Thanks.
0 Kudos
IanWint
Deactivated User
Ok. I will try changing the grid size. Thanks.

I just reread my suggestion and realized it could be misinterpreted.  I'm not speaking of the grid size as in the 960.gs grids.   I'm thinking the size of the map grids and the image thumbnail you see in the "featuredMaps" element.  Here are a couple specific areas that come to mind in the global.css file (this may different for you if you are using template 1.3.1):

* The styling of ".mapsGrid .item" where "width:200px;"

* the styling of ".mapsGrid .item img" where "width:200px;"

*The styling of ".mapsList .item img" where width:200px;" and "height:133px;"

Keep in mind I'm using the 1.4 template.  Basically just be mindful that the default dimensions of the thumbnail maps is 200x133px.  Hopefully I'm not forgetting anything else.  Always save a copy before making such drastic changes or record the default values before making your changes.
0 Kudos