Providing a web map to sources outside our company

Jump to solution
08-24-2018 05:28 AM
NancyStaton
New Contributor

I have a web map that I want to give to an outside source. How can I make that available to them without them have to sign in to ArcGIS online?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EdApalinski
Occasional Contributor

If the outside party has an AGO user name you can use it instead of a username from your organization.  Create a group in your organization then invite them into the group using their AGO username.  Their profile will have to be view-able to Everyone for you to discover them for the invitation.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nancy,

See this doc about sharing items:

Share items—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

But basically it is as simple as make the item public.

NancyStaton
New Contributor

Thank you for your quick response. The problem is I can’t make it public to everyone because the consumer data has our customer information that we cannot share to the public.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Then you have to use one of your named users and they will HAVE TO log in to your org. There is no share to a certain individual without login.

0 Kudos
EdApalinski
Occasional Contributor

If the outside party has an AGO user name you can use it instead of a username from your organization.  Create a group in your organization then invite them into the group using their AGO username.  Their profile will have to be view-able to Everyone for you to discover them for the invitation.

KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the answer Edward,

Here is a blog about sharing across organizations: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/sharing-collaboration/sharing-and-collaborat... 

If you know their username, you can invite users who don't have visible profiles.

In order to securely share data with specific users, an ArcGIS Online organizational account is required.

-Kelly