Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem: Hosted tiled map services do not publish as expected in ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
06-20-2017 01:14 AM
RyanGardner-Cook
New Contributor III

Hello,

I think there is something fundamental that I am missing about publishing tile packages from ArcMap 10.5. I am trying to use a custom basemap. However, I experience the incomplete publishing problem (i.e. levels 15-19 are not fully published) highlighted in this technical article: Problem: Hosted tiled map services do not publish as expected in ArcGIS Online 

I made sure that ArcMap uses the extent of data in all layers, so it shouldn't be clipped.

I even try the publish tile option in the item details of the hosted tile layer, but it never actually changes.

What am I missing? Do I need to do something with "Generate Tile Cache" while in ArcMap?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I hope you haven't burnt all the credits. In case if you don't have ArcGIS Server, you should use the following method to publish tiled services to ArcGIS Online

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-2996-publish-a-tiled-service-to-arcgis-online-wo-arcgis-for-serv...

Think Location

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I hope you haven't burnt all the credits. In case if you don't have ArcGIS Server, you should use the following method to publish tiled services to ArcGIS Online

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-2996-publish-a-tiled-service-to-arcgis-online-wo-arcgis-for-serv...

Think Location
RyanGardner-Cook
New Contributor III

This looks like just what I need. Thank you! Going to give it a try.

0 Kudos
RyanGardner-Cook
New Contributor III

That did it! Thanks for pointing this document out. I wish Esri's technical article was as detailed.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

All credits to the author of the article, jskinner-esristaff‌ 

Think Location
0 Kudos