Select to view content in your preferred language

Print Service and User input

Jump to solution
05-15-2018 04:55 AM
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

Don't know where to put this question.

I created an mxd and then created a print service that I put up in my ArcGIS Server.  I then created an AGOL web application and referenced this print service....This works great.

My question is can I add some sort of user input parameter to allow them to create a title for the map when they use the print service via ArcGIS online web app?  Right now I can only hard code a title in the layout before it goes to print service.

• I am using ArcGIS desktop 10.5.1
  • I added 3 Custom Text Elements and gave them names
  • I use "Export Web Map"
  • I then Use "Get Layout Templates Info"
  • In the Results tab I right click and publish "Export Web Map"
  • Making sure to "Add Result" of the Get Layouts Templates Info Result while in the Service Editor
  • The only other thing I did in the Service Editor was change the Execution Mode

When I view the "Get Layouts Templates Info" via the rest end point I can see the 3 CustomTextElements (see below image)

But when I go to print I dont see the option to add text to these Custom Text Elements in the Advanced Window. I dont see anywhere in the advanced settings to add test to these Custom Text Elements...

Anyone have any ideas why this is not working?  Or did I do something wrong?

0 Kudos
25 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jay,

I am running out of ideas here... Both services (export web map and layout info) are synchronous now right and neither are secured?

0 Kudos
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

Do I need to move the mxd over to the other server where the service is running from?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

No the publish process does that in the background already. I would call tech support and open a ticket on this issue.

0 Kudos
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

Alright....thanks for your help Robert..much appreciated.

0 Kudos
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

I think I might have found the answer to this but not sure.....But regardless it is working now.

When I was getting the errors this is what I had installed.

I was running ArcDesktop 10.4.1

I was running ArcGIS Server 10.3

Since then I have upgraded ArcGIS Server and Desktop to 10.5.1 and ran through my process once again...this time it worked like a charm.  I don know if the Version difference were the cause but dont really care at this point...lol...I wasted enough time getting this to work...and it works....

So I guess the only thing I can comment on is making sure your versions are the same?????  

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jay,

Absolutely you need to make sure that your server and your desktop that you use to publish are are the same version or server is newer version.

0 Kudos