Select to view content in your preferred language

Predefined Searches for Mobile Devices

02-05-2014 08:36 AM
JeffRyan3
Occasional Contributor
Sorry if this has been asked before but I have searched and searched and have yet to find this addressed.

I have mobile devices using AGO through the ArcGIS app, iPhones specifically.  My question is this: How can I create predefined searches for the mobile app using a new map created using the ArcGIS Online Map Viewer without using ArcGIS Explorer?  I can't open any newly saved Map Viewer maps in ArcGIS Explorer Online which is the only way I know of to create the predefined searches.

I have incorporated the locator workaround for querying layers in the Map Viewer in a proper browser but I cannot find a way to use the custom locator in the iPhone app.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Jeff,

Right now, if you want to create predefined queries in Explorer Online you will need to create the map in Explorer Online first. These will still work in the ArcGIS app, but as you have discovered web maps created from the Map Viewer cannot be opened in Explorer Online.

The custom locator will work in the ArcGIS app as well, but it will have to be set as the top or primary locator in the organization.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31321[/ATTACH]

The ArcGIS app will only use the top locator for search.

Hope that helps,
Andrew
0 Kudos
JeffRyan3
Occasional Contributor
Thank you so much for the response.

I figured as much.  I have since created the maps in Explorer and saved them to AGO.

I was unaware the app used the first locator in the list.  I will use the Explorer saved searches as this makes the most sense for our organization.

Thanks again!
0 Kudos