Pre-defined polygon shapes

06-30-2021 07:29 AM
PetronilaMandeno
Occasional Contributor II

I'm sure someone has a solution for this, but I can't find it online because I don't think I am searching for the right terms. 🤔

In a nutshell, here's what I want to do:

1. Create an editable online map where a user can identify on the map where they want a customized (printable) map created.

2. The customized (printable) map will be not created online. The map/app will just be for me to solicit from the end-user the map extent.

3. The customized maps will generally be designed for 24" x 36" sized paper and most of the maps will be scaled at 1:24,000. I'd like to give them the option to choose from other scales as well. And we'll have to give them some way to indicate which locations in their general area of interest will need insets.

What I envision is an online map where a user can grab a tool that just places a rectangle on a map that is the correct extent for the scale they are interested in. Does that make sense? Any ideas?

If I can't figure that out, I'll just have them put down points or have them draw a box/rectangle, but it would be nice for them (and me) to know exactly the extents they are after and for them to see what gets covered at different scales.

Thanks,

Esther

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Check out the parcel drafter solution https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-solutions/latest/reference/introduction-to-parcel-drafter.htm 

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos