Select to view content in your preferred language

Posting a Group Layer in a Hub

Jump to solution
5 hours ago
Labels (3)
sgambrel_Bouldercounty
Occasional Contributor

Hello.  I am creating an AGO Hub that includes a gallery of layers that can be added to some existing maps that are also posted on the hub.  Some of these layers are static and were shared straight from Pro, and for whatever reason have ended up in AGO as Group Layers.

I am building out the Hub layer gallery with the other layers, but the Hub won't allow posting of the Group Layers.  Is there any way to do this, or any workaround?  Seems odd that I can add the Group Layers to a map but can't post them in the Hub gallery.

Thanks!    

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

The primary reason Group Layers cannot be directly posted in the AGOL Hub gallery is due to the way AGOL Hub handles layer items. AGOL Hub is designed to display individual layers rather than groups of layers, which can be more complex and not directly supported by the interface.

Workarounds are
Create a Web Map with Group Layers

Embed Group Layers in a StoryMap

Use Web AppBuilder or Experience Builder

Separate the Group Layers

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

The primary reason Group Layers cannot be directly posted in the AGOL Hub gallery is due to the way AGOL Hub handles layer items. AGOL Hub is designed to display individual layers rather than groups of layers, which can be more complex and not directly supported by the interface.

Workarounds are
Create a Web Map with Group Layers

Embed Group Layers in a StoryMap

Use Web AppBuilder or Experience Builder

Separate the Group Layers

0 Kudos
sgambrel_Bouldercounty
Occasional Contributor

I was afreaid of that.  Unfortunately none of those workarounds is really functional in the way I need them to be.  I guess I'll be separating them, but what clutter!  

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Ya, it has added a lot of layers to our hub

0 Kudos