Popup with iframe feed from another website like Twitter

08-24-2015 04:38 PM
JohnTangenberg
New Contributor II

I am attempting an integration of a Twitter feed or Slack Channel into the pop up box. This seems to be possible through Mapbox or Leaflet js but is based on a fixed geo jason layer. We want to use a field in the ESRI feature service to hold the link instead. The limitation of the current "More Info" link is it opening new windows breaking the flow of the map exploration. Instead we want the Twitter feed to appear directly in the pop up the way the survey does in this map. http://centroids-dev.elasticbeanstalk.com/map (but with better pop up sizing)

Again this needs to be fed by a feature service so that feed links can be added at new locations by web users. Am I missing something in my ESRI help searches? The goal is for this to function along with other feature services within a Webapp builder installation so the Leaflet code is not exactly an option.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobDunfey
Occasional Contributor

A few years ago, there was a bug were the title of a popup could be set to a URL.  I'm not sure if this has been fixed, but it might help.  Really struggle to understand why web pages can't be more closely integrated with the mapping applications.

Rob

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Rob,

Have you looked into any of the configurable apps that have twitter functionality built in? Try the Live Map App: Sample or Public Information: Sample

-Kelly

0 Kudos