Select to view content in your preferred language

Pixelated AGOL hosted feature polygon layer

3 weeks ago
NoriKoehler
New Contributor

I am trying to share some map unit polygon layer shapefiles as a feature layer in AGOL from ArcPro using AroPro's "Publish Web Layer" tool.  For some reason, both came in really pixelated both in AGOL and in ArcPro.  I have tried messing with the optimization settings, undoing and redoing that, messing with True Curves on and off, enabling editing on and off.  One layer is now displaying properly after I'm not sure what, but one layer is still pixelated.  What is causing this and how can I fix it?  

Here is one layer in ArcPro that is still pixelated and also shows in AGOL pixelated.  

NoriKoehler_1-1719954745572.png

Here is how it show draw:

NoriKoehler_2-1719954786318.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

If you uploaded the shapefiles directly make sure that you don't select the option to generalise the features.

If you zoom in and the feature quality improves it's probably tried to the optimise layer drawing settings. It's turned on automatically for layers with large number of vertices.

I'd also recommend importing the shapefiles into a file geodatabase and projecting them to WGS84 web mercator so they don't project on the fly. Shapefiles are not a good format and I only suggest using them to send/receive data from other software that only supports them.

When it's a file geodatabase feature class, run the check geometry, and then consider the repair geometry as well.

You can also try generalising the data yourself. Some features can be generated with uncessary vertices. Generalising with 0 tolerance can remove them. If you don't need precision you could loosen the tolerance. The editing tool generalise gives you a good preview of the impact of these settings prior to running it as a gp tool.

0 Kudos
KatahdinWithnall
New Contributor

Were you able to solve this issue? I'm having the same problem publishing my file gdb to a feature service and having it get pixelated on ArcGIS Online. I have repaired geometry and am using WGS84 as was recommended by the other response.

0 Kudos