overwrite service error

04-17-2016 06:24 AM
roialgavish
New Contributor III

Hello,

In desktop 10.3.1 Every time I click on the overwrite service option I get this error:

"Unable to overwrite service – problem retrieving configuration from the server"

After I click OK I can overwrite the service but I am wondering what this error is?

Any ideas?

7 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Roi,

Does an .SD file exist in your content for this service? Are you able to successfully overwrite the service after selecting OK?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
roialgavish
New Contributor III

Hi Kelly,

First of all thanks, I am getting the error before I choose a service to overwrite, after i click "ok" then i choose the service.

if I remember correctly when I try to overwrite a service that have an SD file It is done successfully and not successfully if there isn’t any one (but I am not sure 100 %, I can test it if it important for the Diogenes). Another error that I have that maybe related that some time my stage service tool doesn't work, again I can test exactly what situation is successful and what not. I am behind a firewall so maybe it is connected to this.

Thank a lot Roi.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hi Roi,

I would recommend contacting technical support​ to further diagnose this issue. There is a known issue that sounds similar regarding overwriting hosted feature services: BUG-000095251 - Overwriting an ArcGIS Online hosted service return..

For this particular issue, if you continue with your workflow, you will be able to successfully overwrite the service. Technical Support will help to identify if this is the issue that you are running into.

-Kelly

JoshZeeb1
New Contributor II

Hello Kelly,

I am currently having the same issue except the problem persists as I continue with my workflow, which prohibits me from ever overwriting my service. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Josh

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

HI Josh,

What version of ArcMap are you using? Does an SD file exist in ArcGIS Online for the service that you are trying to overwrite?

0 Kudos
JoshZeeb1
New Contributor II

Yes, the SD file exists in ArcGIS Online for the service that I am trying to overwrite. While this issue has been going on I have also been in the process of packaging a tile layer (the size of Wyoming), so I wonder if that could be a part of the issue.

0 Kudos
roialgavish
New Contributor III

Hi Kelly,

The bug you suggested was the right one, I deleted my problematic service and the bug was resolved.

Thank you,

Roi.

0 Kudos