Out of memory error with IE9

03-27-2013 07:11 AM
ToddHockenberry
New Contributor
I'm making simple map applications with ArcGIS Online and basic templates and share them with others using a bit.ly link. Some get this error with IE9 - Unable to create map : "Out of memory". I can open the same application with Chrome, others using Chrome aren't getting this error. I created another application with different data and sometimes I get this error, sometimes not in IE9, but never with Chrome. 

Any known issues with IE9 and ArcGISOnline applications?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
If there is a lot of data in the webmap, it may cause issues in IE. Can you make the webmap public so we can test with it?

Thanks,
Andrew
0 Kudos
JodiFlory
New Contributor II
I'm having the same issue/error with an embedded map on IE9.  Chrome and Firefox work fine.  The map was created with uploaded data (using add layer from file).  The application I created from this map will not open as well - the elevation profile app.  I tried using a map service instead and that resolved the issue.

So it seems, there is a problem with maps that use layers from files and IE9??
0 Kudos
JasperKruggel
New Contributor
Having the same issue.  Not sure why, the data isn't that large.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
My guess is that the data is actually larger than you think. For example, if you have polygon or line data, the number of vertices per line impacts the drawing, as each vertex has to be drawn.

What type of data do the layers reference? If you loaded in a shapefile, you can try the generalize data option when adding the layer to the map.

Can you share the URL of the web map here?

Mike
0 Kudos