Operations Dashboard will not launch from Maps & Apps Gallery

Jump to solution
10-22-2018 05:02 AM
EdApalinski
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

We recently shared an Operations Dashboard to everyone and added to our Maps & Apps Gallery.  We are seeing an issue where the OD will not launch from the Maps and Apps Template, it will however launch successfully from the Organization's Gallery.  Since both galleries point to the same group we will lose the link that works if it is un-shared to fix the link which is broke.

Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

Ed

Below is an image with some screen shots as well as the links discussed.

Link to Operations Dashboard

Link to NJDEP Org Gallery

Link to NJDEP Maps & Apps Gallery

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Edward, 

That is odd behaviour! I unable to replicate as it looks like the Maps and Apps Gallery has been moved to mature support and no longer updated as of April 2018: Maps and Apps Gallery | ArcGIS Solutions for Local Government - this might explain why it won't open the new Operations Dashboard.

As a work around, can you try adding the Ops Dashboard in as a new item to your Content (Add Item > From the web > Document), sharing it to the group and see if it launches that way? In this scenario, it will be launched as a URL link rather than an Ops Dashboard item.

If that doesn't work, would using the Minimal Gallery App work instead: https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=bcc471b7ba6d4819848a674cde1fa381

Carmel

View solution in original post

5 Replies
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Edward, 

That is odd behaviour! I unable to replicate as it looks like the Maps and Apps Gallery has been moved to mature support and no longer updated as of April 2018: Maps and Apps Gallery | ArcGIS Solutions for Local Government - this might explain why it won't open the new Operations Dashboard.

As a work around, can you try adding the Ops Dashboard in as a new item to your Content (Add Item > From the web > Document), sharing it to the group and see if it launches that way? In this scenario, it will be launched as a URL link rather than an Ops Dashboard item.

If that doesn't work, would using the Minimal Gallery App work instead: https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=bcc471b7ba6d4819848a674cde1fa381

Carmel

EdApalinski
Occasional Contributor

Carmel,

Thanks for the work around, I was able to add the item as a document so it now launches from both galleries.

Thanks again,

Ed

NathanBruce1
Occasional Contributor

We are experiencing the same, this was an older gallery so I made a new Category Gallery to look at the group and it still wouldn't open the URL. Any news on this.  We use a number of galleries and we haven't been happy with some stuff that we have seen lately.  It seems AGOL has been forcing us to also share map and layer content to the gallery wich makes it very overwhelming and messy, when before this was not the case.  I submitted a support ticket to Esri with little clarification. 

0 Kudos
NathanBruce1
Occasional Contributor

So they work in a Minimal Gallery, but not a Category Gallery.

0 Kudos
EdApalinski
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Yes the dashboards will work in the minimal gallery.  I have chose not to use the minimal gallery (personal preference), rather added the dashboard as a document link in the group. The work around above will launch the dashboard as a url, the user does not see a difference. (As a work around, can you try adding the Ops Dashboard in as a new item to your Content (Add Item > From the web > Document), sharing it to the group and see if it launches that way? In this scenario, it will be launched as a URL link rather than an Ops Dashboard item.) I am not certain if this effects the view count for the item or not.

I have not run into having to share the layers, maps, etc..  Is the minimal gallery forcing that?

Best,

Ed

0 Kudos