Select to view content in your preferred language

Operations Dashboard Incorrect Counts by Record

05-23-2018 11:51 PM
MarkNoonan1
New Contributor

I am experiencing a strange issue with the count statistic in operations dashboard in AGOL. The resulting counts of records for a table after a query is producing the incorrect number. For example, if I wanted all the inspection reports completed for this year by inspector I get different results in the bar widget then the data table view. i.e I get a return of 5 records in the data view (which is correct) and a value of 11 in the bar graph for one inspector.

The table is related to a feature class in the database via relationship class, and published as a feature and map service from ArcGIS Server 10.3.1.

I spent some time investigating and I have found a strange issue with ObjectID. If I do a query of created date in past year and officer x, with Category field as ObjectID and Statistic as "count" I get this result:

You will notice that the number of ObjectID records is 5, yet the count for each ObjectID is more than 1. The total adds up to 11, which is what the bar graph shows:

How can I get the bar graph to show the correct count of 5?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

There are some posts about incorrect record counts in OD when hitting an SDE database due to adds and deletes being included.  You should be able to search for this in GeoNet.

https://community.esri.com/message/765101-re-indicator-in-operations-dashboard-showing-incorrect-cou... 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Brettmartin4
New Contributor

Does this mean you cannot use a operations dashboard with a feature class that has attachments? All of my indicators are incorrect by a significant amount querying on several different fields.

0 Kudos
MarkNoonan1
New Contributor

The issue was related to the edit/archiving tables. The fix was to include this line in the SQL Views:

WHERE x0.gdb_to_date > '9999-10-10 10:10:10'

0 Kudos
MarkNoonan1
New Contributor

The solution in this post refers to removing attachments (with doesn't exist on my table) and the relationship, which is not an option for me.

I will investigate the option of using a view for reporting instead.

0 Kudos