No Arcgis Online option in 10.1?

01-04-2013 01:30 PM
EdMaurer
New Contributor
I am working with a new installation of ArcGIS desktop (with a 30-seat arcinfo license). I can use ArcMAP, but ArcGIS Online does not appear in the File menu, nor does it appear in the Add Data pull down menu. Is something wrong with the installation, or is there a simple thing I'm missing?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
It should be there. I don't know why it's not. I've never heard of this happening before. Perhaps the software didn't install correctly?

You might want to check the ArcGIS Administrator application to see if the www.arcgis.com appears. From All Programs>ArcGIS>ArcGIS Administrator. Click the Advanced button. Then click Manage Portal Connections. Do you see http://www.arcgis.com listed? This is what points ArcMap at arcgis.com.

You may want to contact Esri technical support as they are better equiped to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
EdMaurer
New Contributor
It should be there. I don't know why it's not. I've never heard of this happening before. Perhaps the software didn't install correctly?

You might want to check the ArcGIS Administrator application to see if the www.arcgis.com appears. From All Programs>ArcGIS>ArcGIS Administrator. Click the Advanced button. Then click Manage Portal Connections. Do you see http://www.arcgis.com listed? This is what points ArcMap at arcgis.com.

You may want to contact Esri technical support as they are better equiped to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks, Mike. I had checked that already, after searching through many other threads. I wrote directly to ESRI Tech Support.

Ed
0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor
It would be kind of interesting to see if the ArcGIS Online or Add Data buttons were available and working through Customize > Customize Mode > Commands. Just search for the buttons and drag and drop them onto the file menu. Not sure why they wouldn't be there in the first place though.
0 Kudos