Select to view content in your preferred language

No Arcade expression to format label in a webmap using a wfs layer from Geoserver?

03-01-2023 06:57 AM
Labels (2)
XanderWilson
New Contributor

How can I use arcade expressions for the labels in a webmap for a wfs layer from GeoServer?

I have added a wfs layer from geoserver: Add --> Add layer from URL --> domain/geoserver/ows?service=WFS --> WFS (OGC)

I want to label the features. The label value is a float with many decimals that I want to round. If it's zero I want no decimals, otherwise I want 1 decimal. I can show the labels, but the option to use Arcade expression is missing. I've tried in GeoServer to set to field to double and float, but that didn't make a difference. I have also tried .../geoserver/ogc/features/ and .../geoserver/Neerslag/ows?service=WFS&version=2.0.0&request=GetFeature as urls. The data changes every 5 - 10 minutes or so and I don't want a wms layer. In other layers that are hosted Feature Layers I do see the expression option, see below, but not in the layers from GeoServer, see last picture.

Anyone an idea how I can add a wfs layer from GeoServer in a webmap with an option to use an expression on the labels?

with_expression.PNG

no_expression.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PeterHodkinson
Esri Contributor

Hi @XanderWilson 

I'm afraid I think this is expected behaviour and that ArcGIS Online does not support using Arcade to customise labels for WFS layers (this is not specific to only Geoserver WFS).

0 Kudos