New to ArcOnline

01-25-2023 02:14 PM
TimothyHugginsGIS
New Contributor II

Using ArcOnline, is it possible to have a dashboard or login that customers of mine can go to and see their geospatial data? 

As an example, I have three customers for whom I manage spatial data. Can I input their data into ArcOnline and then create different front end pages (not sure what the term is) that they can login into and only see their unique data? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Hi Timothy. Yes you can. I would create views for each user of your feature service and then create a map for each user. You can then create individual dashboards for each user. I would also save the maps, views, and dashboards to separate groups and add each user to their respective groups.

Or, maybe you can just create one map with the layer showing all customers (instead of creating layer views), then create three individual dashboards powered by that one map; you can just filter individual dashboards per user.

Your master layer can have all the records; you can edit that master layer and the edits will be reflected in the views.

Will each customer have their own account or will you just have one generic account?

0 Kudos
TimothyHugginsGIS
New Contributor II

Thanks for the great information. 

I think there would just be one generic account. If you mean ArcOnline account. Or I guess they could have their own account and I could set it all up and build the fee into their billing?

0 Kudos
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

If you're sharing the dashboard and the underlying maps and layers to the public, then I guess the users do not need individual accounts to access their respective dashboards, i.e. just provide the link for each user and they can see the dashboard.  If you want users to enter credentials and login, then they will definitely need accounts. I think they can also create free accounts and expose that to "everyone" so that you can add their accounts to the users' respective groups in ArcGIS Online. You may need to research more about free accounts, but I think they can be given access to view the dashboard when you add them to their respective group.

0 Kudos