Select to view content in your preferred language

Need something like Trace but only have Basic License

3 weeks ago
CPHSDnelson
New Contributor II

Hello,

I work at a very small rural water district. Trying to produce a basic map that when someone selects a shut off valve (point layer) it will display the water lines that would be affected.  I realize this would probably be a straight forward task with Utility Network Trace but it is not supported with Basic License.  Getting funds approved to upgrade my license is not an option.  

Wondering if there is a way I could do a Join/Relate or possibly an if/then type statement that may work.

I was hoping someone out there may have dealt with the same issue or something similar.  

Thanks you in advance for any input!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AustinAverill
New Contributor II

You could, in theory, go through the entirety of the utility network and attribute each valve and their associated lines and even service connections with some sort of "isolation zone" value. Once the attribution is set you could set up a select widget with some message actions using the basic AGOL ExB to select by attribute where the lines and/or service connections "isolation zone" contains the value for your valve. In this scenario, each of your lines and service connection would likely have multiple isolation zone values. This would arise from situations where you have say a 6" main that has a gate valve, then tees into two directions that have their own separate gate valves. Anything down stream of the tee would effectively be in the isolation zone for the original 6" main and then whichever valve from the tee.

TL,DR; yes you could do it. yes it would take a lot of time (depending on how large/convoluted your system is)

- GIS Manager at a water utility

0 Kudos
CPHSDnelson
New Contributor II

I really appreciate you taking the time to provide the information.  Helps a great deal!

0 Kudos