MULTIPLE DOCUMENTS IN A POPUP

Jump to solution
06-09-2020 01:02 AM
thainamota
New Contributor III

Hi everyone

please, i'm newbie in arcgis online.  

I'd like to know if there's an alternative to viewing multiple documents in the popup? It's means, for example, when the popup appears I want to see many documents with single link. Also, is there a way to call the url without having to add a new column in the shape everytime that I have a new document about the feature(if i have 50 pdf[urls] for the same feature I must to create 50 column)?

thanks so much!

Thaina

popup info‌ arcgis online popups‌ multiple document link‌ linking tabs customize group url #url

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Is it possible you could just enable attachments on the layer and attach the PDF's that way? Or is there another reason you want the links to the documents as an attribute? 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Is it possible you could just enable attachments on the layer and attach the PDF's that way? Or is there another reason you want the links to the documents as an attribute? 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
thainamota
New Contributor III

ok, maybe i'm little confused!

as i  understood, it  is necessary to have a url documents as an attribute to active the link in pop up. (its that why i thought to create one column for each url)

I have to upload in AGOL a geodatabase with a relate or join active to  enable attachments, it's correct?

Thanks Katherine

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

To enable attachments on a hosted feature layer, all you have to do is click "enable attachments" on the item details page. 

Note that there is a 10MB limit per attachment. Take a look at this page for more information:

Manage hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation  

Hope that helps!

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
thainamota
New Contributor III

Katherine thanks so much  

Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

You're welcome! Also, since you say you're new to ArcGIS Online I thought I'd share this in case you hadn't heard of it - sounds like it might be useful to you if you're needing dozens of attachments per feature!

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/use-attachment-viewer/  

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek