Moving Revit BIM models manually

04-05-2020 02:13 AM
DirkKlein
New Contributor

Hi There!

I am brand new to ArcGIS and my current role is BIM manager.

I am in the process to defining the collaboration workflow required between Autodesk Revit BIM models and my GIS team.

Please see the images.

• I am working on a trial version of ArcGIS Pro.
  • We are receiving Revit BIM models from a consultant. 
  • I know that the models have coordinates but, coming in nearly a year late I am playing catchup and I am not sure whether these have been setup according to the project's UTM location.
  • Image 1. shows the single Discipline revit model that i have managed to insert into Arcgis. 
  • Image 2. Due to not having a .prj file setup, when I select the "Zoom to Layer" function. I see the entire Globe.

I would like to know how to manually move the model in the following manner:

• Zooming into a element of the model,such as a wall, regardless of where it is on planet earth.
  • Selecting a element such as the wall and dragging it to where i want to place it.

Is this possible?

Any advice and assistance will be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Have you checked out this blog? How to Georeference Revit Data In ArcGIS Pro 

0 Kudos
MatthewBrown8
Esri Contributor

Hi Dirk,

The blog referred to by Russell does provide an excellent guide to loading and georeferencing bim models within an ArcGIS Pro 3D scene and is certainly worth a read.

From the images you have provided, it looks like you have added your content to a global scene. I would suggest using a local scene as this is best when working with data confined to smaller geographic extents. Scenes—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Thank you,

Matthew

If this answer solved your question or if you found it helpful please mark it accordingly to help others who have the same question.

Matthew
0 Kudos