Move feature from one layer to another

01-09-2020 05:39 AM
KatrineUrrang
New Contributor

Hi. 

Is there an easy way to move a feature from one layer to another in a Web Application?

For example if I have map-feature that belongs to layer 1, can I move it to layer 2 without having to delete the feature in layer 1 and create the same feature in layer 2? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

You should be able to create the feature in the second layer and just copy over the attributes.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi katrine.urrang_RAMNO ,

Can you explain a little more how this fits in your workflow? 

If the two layer could be stored as a single layer, you would be able to use hosted feature layer views and passing the feature from one to another layer would be as simple as changing the value in a field.

0 Kudos
KatrineUrrang
New Contributor

I have one layer mapping ongoing projects, while the other shows closed projects.

The idea is to be able to move a project from "ongoing projects" to "closed projects" in the web application.

I would prefer to have two separated layers to be able to filter the layers. 

If this is not an option, is there any way to change the feature symbol based on the value of a field?

For example if the field says "ongoing", the feature-symbol is green, but if the field says "closed" then the symbol is red. 

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Katrine Urrang ,

Based on your explanation, I would still advise you to use a single feature layer and create hosted feature layer views to separate closed and ongoing projects.  See: Create hosted feature layer views—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation .

To change the symbology you can follow the instructions as described here: Change style—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

In case you don't have have a field with only "ongoing" or "closed" values, and you need to interpret different descriptions, you can use Arcade for this purpose. See https://www.arcgis.com/apps/Cascade/index.html?appid=3271f9b87c394c07b4a871257a5dc46b