Mouse Wheel and Zoom steps

Jump to solution
04-18-2022 02:28 PM
GRmapper
Occasional Contributor

Hello All,

I was wondering if there is a setting on the ArcGIS side that allows control of zooms steps and mouse wheel clicks.  When I scroll one click I tend to go further in/out of my map than I like. I'd like to make that stepping a bit less course.

Is the above an ESRI setting or a mouse setting or neither?

Thank you.

GR

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There is a windows mouse settings of number of lines to scroll, but it only turns down to 1 line. Tweaking it is worth a try.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There is a windows mouse settings of number of lines to scroll, but it only turns down to 1 line. Tweaking it is worth a try.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Windows mouse setting wouldn't solve the issue. ArcGIS online would default back to 23 predefined zoom levels if you use your mouse wheel, shift + plus/minus key combo 

If you're using a device with touch-screen capabilities you can use your touch screen to custom zoom. (laptop touch-pads won't work either)

If you don't have a touch-screen the only other option you have is to use your internet browser's zoom settings to change the scale. Though this would disrupt any labels & symbology you have.

I haven't tried it but creating your own custom basemap with more than 23 zoom levels might work.

I hope that developers would introduce either a customizable zoom scale or at least more zoom levels for the default basemaps