Mobile apps for editing

10-30-2014 05:48 AM
SaskiaCohick
New Contributor II

Is there any way to edit data - add a picture or comments in a field - with the 30 day free trial of ArcGIS online?  I need to demonstrate up the food chain how beneficial the software would be but ESRI seems to have my hands tied behind my back.  I've tried Collector and the ArcGIS app, but will do whatever I need to make this work.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

Saskia:

The Collector for ArcGIS app will work for you, but you have to prepare you map properly.  Importantly, the map cannot contain an non-editable layers or map will not appear available in Collector.  For instance, Map Notes are not editable in Collector, so a map with Map Notes in the table of contents will not appear in Collector.

This Online Help is a great place to start:

Create maps—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

0 Kudos
SaskiaCohick
New Contributor II

Collector will not let me log on.  It keeps telling me to use an organizational account.  I should have posted that the first time, sorry.

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

You stated that you have a 30-day free trial to ArcGIS Online.  You have a username and password to get into AGOL and make a map?

In the Collector app, are you using the URL to your AGOL trial account?

<sitename>.maps.arcgis.com

URL.JPG

0 Kudos
SaskiaCohick
New Contributor II

That, I'm not positive about.....I'll investigate that avenue.  I appreciate your help with this, Joe.

0 Kudos