Missing date fields when using filter with external web service.

08-14-2019 03:42 PM
NDFAdmin
New Contributor III

I am running into an issue when trying to filter features on a web map in ArcGIS Online. I have added a feature service from another account, which pulls all the same data they have hosted. However, when I try to filter features with a date type the date fields do not appear in the dropdown list. I added the feature service to a map on their account (the host) and they show up (they also show up just fine and can be filtered in an Operations Dashboard in my account), but just not in my account when I add the data to a new map (see attachments). ~Thanks

7 Replies
MarisaClaggett
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

In the configure pop up option for the layer in your web map, are all fields set to be visible?  Does the date field show up in your pop up or attribute table?  If not, it might indicate that it is just not set to be displayed in your pop up configuration.  To check this, go to Configure Pop Up > Configure Attributes > make sure that the Display check box is checked for that field.  Hope this helps!

- Marisa

0 Kudos
NDFAdmin
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply! All of the fields are checked to display, but it's strange that only the date-time fields are not showing up in the filter dropdown. I can't understand why this is the case considering that they appear in every other dropdown.

0 Kudos
nelsmickaelson
New Contributor III

Did you ever determine how to get the date/time fields to show up? I'm having the same issue and have all columns set to display but they never show up in the drop down. 

0 Kudos
NDFAdmin
New Contributor III

I wasn't able to get the date-time fields to show up when creating queries, so I instead created queries in ArcGIS Pro and published the feature layer to our AGOL account.

0 Kudos
RBierma
New Contributor II

I am wondering if there was ever a resolution to this.  I am having the same issue, and the issue persists in both Classic map Viewer and New Map Viewer.  When using the layer filter none of my date fields show up in the dropdown.  

DarinaTchountcheva
Occasional Contributor II

I am having the same issue. No date fields when trying to filter the data in a Web Map (both classic and new map viewer). 

ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 and the services comes from a standalone ArcGIS Server 10.9.1.

0 Kudos
BaileyBellavance
New Contributor II

I'm having this issue on Portal and ArcEnterprise 11.0 with a feature service. Is this seriously still happening with no resolution?

0 Kudos