Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Viewer warning The layer is not providing enough information to change the drawing style

05-16-2023 09:53 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm trying to change symbology of a polygon feature service in my Map Viewer from one field to another (after I've hit 'Duplicate' on the layer) with the Counts and Amounts (Color) and Classify Data - 5 classes,  Method Natural Breaks. It sits with a blue circle of death for a minute or two or five. Then -

Sometimes it works. Sometimes it goes back to the previous field and won't let me change the field that I'm using for the attributes. Sometimes I get the "The layer is not providing enough information to change the drawing style". 

AndreaB_0-1684255848172.png

Help!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you using a hosted or enterprise service? Usually this happens when the statistic query to the service fails and is usually due to a timeout. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @RussRoberts ,

Enterprise service added via URL. So you're saying I should check my server logs and the timeout value on the enterprise feature service? Just wondering if that's right before I start looking around. Thank you!

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Yup you could check server logs and if you are familiar with the browser dev console you could check and look for the failed stats query the map viewer is sending. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I got it to happen again today. There are no server log errors but I do see this in the browser dev console: 

AGOL dev console.JPG

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you look at the network tab on the dev console and see if any of the queries fail there? thanks! 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

nothing failing in network tab.

AGOL dev console network tab.JPG

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

No server log errors from yesterday. And today the same process in the ArcGIS Online Map Viewer is working fine with no problems.

I have had this issue more times than just yesterday. So the next time it happens maybe I can look at the browser dev console.