Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Viewer Labels & Drawing Order

07-25-2022 06:05 AM
Labels (1)
DanielJFlynn
New Contributor

Has anyone else had this weird thing happen in Map Viewer/ a WebApp based on a map?  So I have six layers, all with labels, in this web map, with the drawing order set how I want it.  I keep the layer highest in the drawing order visible by default.

The weirdness happens when I turn on a layer lower in the drawing order.  The actual layer doesn't become visible, but the labels from the lower drawing order layer appear over the labels from the higher drawing order layer.  For example, if I turn on the third layer down in the drawing order, those labels will appear instead of the labels for the highest drawing order layer.

This normally wouldn't be too much of a problem, but it is causing issues with a WebApp I created where I use the swipe widget. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Haven't had this issue but I can't say I've had a map with that many labels on it.  My best recommendation is to adjust your some of your layer's label Scale dependency. By setting a visible range, you can specify the zoom levels at which the labels are drawn on the map.

You can also try converting your labels to annotation in Arcpro/Arcmap as you can retain better label placement attributes. Still have to use scale dependency if they are drawing over each other.

Per Esri this shouldn't be happening to you. "if there are label-position conflicts between two or more layers of the web map, only the label at .... Sorry about the glitch.

0 Kudos