Map Services with credential embedded no longer working in ArcGIS Online?

Jump to solution
09-18-2018 09:49 PM
SH013
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi there,

It appears to me that all of our map services with credentials embedded are no longer working in ArcGIS Online as of this afternoon. Could this be the result of a possible platform update that is ongoing tonight? What can I do to help fix this problem? 

In addition, I did notice that when I add a new map service as an item to ArcGIS Online, it does not give me the option to embed credentials. Please see screenshots for reference to current vs previous popup screen.

Thanks in advance, any information on this will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Sorry for the late response. There was an issue with the utility proxy (which provides authentication for services with stored credentials) on Friday which was resolved Friday evening PST. You shouldn't be experiencing further issues. If you do, please get in contact with Technical support.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

9 Replies
KellyGerrow

Hi Sam,

I can't reproduce the issue that you are reporting. What version of ArcGIS Server are you using? are you using token security? 

0 Kudos
SH013
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kelly, thanks for the quick reply. This is ArcGIS Server 10.4.1. and using ArcGIS Token authentication mode.

0 Kudos
KeithBurdette1
New Contributor III

I am having this issue too.  If I build web maps with the rest endpoint, I can view my feature layers no problem.  But every time I use the ESRI URL with the stored credentials, I get an error.

I'm on ArcServer 10.6.1

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hi Keith,

This is something that we are looking into. Please get in touch with tech support to track the issue. I will also post back once we have a resolution.

SethLewis1
Occasional Contributor III

We're experiencing this issue with GIS-tier token security as well beginning today. I'm seeing console errors all over the place with editable feature services wherein we have credentials stored in the item. Look forward to a resolution.

e.g. console.log

No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'https://tempegov.maps.arcgis.com' is therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 502.

0 Kudos
MattRantala1
New Contributor II

This seems to have been resolved, at least temporarily, late Friday afternoon, at least for us. Can you confirm? Thanks!

0 Kudos
MattRantala1
New Contributor II

Just wanted to chime in that we're experiencing the same situation that Seth mentioned. Maps using stored credentials seem to the problem. 

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hi,

Sorry for the late response. There was an issue with the utility proxy (which provides authentication for services with stored credentials) on Friday which was resolved Friday evening PST. You shouldn't be experiencing further issues. If you do, please get in contact with Technical support.

-Kelly

jorisfrenkel
Occasional Contributor II

Yesterday I encountered this problem for just one of our layers with embedded credentials, a layer that is used in a number of webmaps. Just re-entering the credentials in de layer settings resolved the problem.

0 Kudos