Select to view content in your preferred language

Map package not available for display in AGOL?

Jump to solution
09-30-2014 03:07 PM
Zeke
by
Honored Contributor

This may be an obvious answer to some, but I don't know it.

I'm using ArcGIS 10.2 for Home. I created a map with about 25 layers for a non-profit. To help them check the map for errors, changes, etc., I want to upload it to AGOL.

Being as this is my home computer, I don't have access to save the map as a service (at least, that option is grayed out - no server). So I saved the map as a map package to AGOL. So far, so good. But I can't seem to make it available online; all it appears to do is download. It does that fine, but not what I want. Tried saving the mxd itself. Same thing.

Is there a way to do this? Maybe saving layer packages would work, but I'd prefer not to have to then go about making the map all over again in AGOL.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Greg,

Sounds like you have a personal account for ArcGIS Online.  You would need to have an ArcGIS Online Organization account in order to create a hosted service.  You would then be able to create a web map from this service and share with others.

You can request a 30-day trial version.  See the link below:

Evaluate ArcGIS Online for Organizations | ArcGIS Online

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Greg,

Sounds like you have a personal account for ArcGIS Online.  You would need to have an ArcGIS Online Organization account in order to create a hosted service.  You would then be able to create a web map from this service and share with others.

You can request a 30-day trial version.  See the link below:

Evaluate ArcGIS Online for Organizations | ArcGIS Online

0 Kudos
Zeke
by
Honored Contributor

Thanks Jake. That's what I was afraid of. I looked at credits, and they start at $2500, which is ok for an organization but way beyond my means/needs. I'll try the free trial. Appreciate it.

0 Kudos