Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Applications Suddenly Require Log-In

Jump to solution
11-08-2013 09:55 AM
ChrisMack
New Contributor
I had a series of map applications in my featured content area that were working fine.
No log-in asked for or needed.

An hour later all applications would not open without organizational log-in.

Nothing changed in the interim.

Any ideas on what is going on?

Very frustrating as nothing changed.

Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Chris,

It's possible that your organization is private, and when an end user attempts to open your application they will be prompted for a login. This happens because yoursite.maps.arcgis.com is not publicly accessible. If your Organization is private, you can still share and use items publicly but the URL needs to be changed from yoursite.maps.arcgis.com/ to www.arcgis.com/

If it is not a change with the Organization setting, you should check any resources the Applications consumes such as secured web maps or secured services.

If you are still having issues, you can post a link to your application in a forum reply.

Hope that helps.
Andrew

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Chris,

It's possible that your organization is private, and when an end user attempts to open your application they will be prompted for a login. This happens because yoursite.maps.arcgis.com is not publicly accessible. If your Organization is private, you can still share and use items publicly but the URL needs to be changed from yoursite.maps.arcgis.com/ to www.arcgis.com/

If it is not a change with the Organization setting, you should check any resources the Applications consumes such as secured web maps or secured services.

If you are still having issues, you can post a link to your application in a forum reply.

Hope that helps.
Andrew
0 Kudos
ChrisMack
New Contributor
Andrew,

Thanks for your reply.

I think the issue is covered by:

"...you should check any resources the Applications consumes such as secured web maps or secured services."

All of my AGOL applications had Bing maps as a base.

I changed to Imagery with Labels and the log-in requirement went away.
0 Kudos
ChrisMack
New Contributor
It's back!!

I re-did all of the map applications using ESRI basemaps and all applications opened fine for 12 hours or so and now some of them are asking for a log-in again.  I don't know why.

I have put in a help desk ticket and await ESRI's support on this.

The map applications only consist of a basemap (ESRI's) and one or more services from our ArcServer.

I guess this issue is not Bing related.
0 Kudos
ChrisMack
New Contributor
Issue Solved

I received a call from ESRI tech support.

They concluded that the applications that were asking for a log-in was related to the maps that they were made from were not shared publicly.

I fixed this and they all seem to work now.

I was not aware that both the applications and maps that they were made from needed to be shared publicly.

So the issue was not Bing related or random.

Thanks to ESRI tech support who figured this out so quickly.

Hopefully end of this story.

Back to AGOL
0 Kudos