Select to view content in your preferred language

Make my web app public shared data can be downloaded/exported by public without arcgis online account ?

04-07-2022 06:28 AM
Da-WeiLiou
New Contributor III

Can some one help me with this ? I have some hosted feature layers shared to public in my web map app.  I like public who doesn't have the ArcGIS Online account can download/export my data.  How can I do this ?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Da-WeiLiou
New Contributor III

Yes,  I did. Thanks.

ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Apparently, there is a lock on sharing premium content from ESRI subscribed content such as hosted feature services. You will incur credit usage for this.  I found this site: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/reference/faq.htm#ESRI_QUESTIONANSWER_5FA26E16589441BC92556F... 

Which outlines what premium content is and how to share it through a web app.  If you have the capability of publishing this data through a server of your own, you can share it directly through the web app without having to incur credits.  Also, I believe ArcGIS Enterprise Portal opens up this capability.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
vic7oria
New Contributor II

Is there a way to make a direct button, those steps may confuse my audience. 

0 Kudos
WindsorConnecticut
New Contributor II

Go into the detail page for the layer. > Settings >Feature Layer (hosted). Then enable others to download the data in different formats. 

WindsorConnecticut_0-1716473341121.png

0 Kudos